This project involved brick stitching movement cracks using traditional Lime Mortar. The house also had over 80 joist ties installed.

We started work in June 2011 and completed in July 2011. The replacement bricks had to be sourced from a local reclamation yard to match the existing.

One of the external cracks in the Brickwork had extended the full height of the 1st floor on the rear elevation.

We used a Hydraulic Lime mortar for bedding the brick, the Lime Pointing on the Brickwork is also a Hydraulic Lime. The Brickwork had previously been Pointed with cement based mortar, this had caused the bricks to Decay.

Share

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Share on print
Scroll to Top
This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We’ll assume you accept this policy as long as you are using this website – View Policy